Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: QS Shade help please

QS Shade help please

Hi-
    Functioning system with a large number of QS wired shades.
    One shade reported as 'stuck closed' by client.
    On-site tech is able to send open or closed with buttons on the drive. No funny flashing at the shade drive.
    I'm remote, and HWQS 7.0 software reports that the drive is OK in diagnostics/verify devices.
    I used diagnostics/set levels and I can WIGGLE the shade drive, but not change any preset state.

What to do next? Factory reset?

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    Hi-
    On-site tech is able to send open or closed with buttons on the drive. No funny flashing at the shade drive.
    I'm remote, and HWQS 7.0 software reports that the drive is OK in diagnostics/verify devices.
    I used diagnostics/set levels and I can WIGGLE the shade drive, but not change any preset state.

Yes that worked! Factory reset shade drive, delete that shade drive ID in the QS program, activate shade. The hardest part was waiting for uploads.

Off to check the other 100 drives on this job -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    Hi-

Yes that worked! Factory reset shade drive, delete that shade drive ID in the QS program, activate shade. The hardest part was waiting for uploads.

Off to check the other 100 drives on this job -

How do you do a "factory reset"? Are you referring to resetting the EDU on the shade?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    To restore a QS shade to factory defaults/factory reset; press and hold each of the button on the shade until it begins to rapidly flash. Start with the Close Limit buton (solid black square) and work your way down the row of buttons. Close Limit, Open limits, clockwise, and then counter-clockwise. Once you pres and hold the last button you will get a "blue - red - green" series of flashes indicating the the shade has been set back to factory defaults.

Quote Originally Posted by dw886 View Post
    How do you do a "factory reset"? Are you referring to resetting the EDU on the shade?
    Yes- I think Lutron may call this factory default, or 'out-of-box', but the Yes using the buttons on the EDU de-activated the drive on the system but retains the limits. After resetting the drive you have to re-activate it in QS and since then it has been working fine.

The exact default procedure would be to press and hold each of the four buttons, in order, until the LED on the drive blinks (about 5 seconds).

First hold the solid square button, then the outline button, then the clockwise button, and finally the counter-clockwise button. Then you will see the blue/green/red startup blink.

This clears all addressing/association between the drive and other Lutron keypads/controls/systems. It does not affect the shade limit or IHA settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim S. View Post
    The exact default procedure would be to press and hold each of the four buttons, in order, until the LED on the drive blinks (about 5 seconds).

First hold the solid square button, then the outline button, then the clockwise button, and finally the counter-clockwise button. Then you will see the blue/green/red startup blink.

This clears all addressing/association between the drive and other Lutron keypads/controls/systems. It does not affect the shade limit or IHA settings.
    Will the EDU blink after each button has been held for 5 seconds telling you that it's time to move to the next button?

Yes, hold the first button until it blinks, then hold the next button until it blinks, and so on.

Sorry for the confusion.