Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Problem Activating Dimmer - Please Help!

Problem Activating Dimmer - Please Help!

Hi all.

I've run into a problem where I can't seem to activate an RRD-6D dimmer into my system. This dimmer was used previously at my house, but I replaced it a few months ago with a 6CL to dim some LEDs in my kitchen. Now I want to re-use the RRD-6D in the dining room, and when I go to activate, it says "this device is already activated" but continues to ask me to press the dimmer pad to activate this dimmer. It never works. This is the only device that won't activate or transfer, the rest of the system works fine.

It is possible that because this dimmer was used previously, it is still "activated" somehow, and I need to restore it to factory conditions before it will work in its new location? If so, how do I do that? Or if this is not the case, what could the issue be?

Thanks,
    Dino

Try performing a full reset of the dimmer using the triple tap and hold method.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by dinom View Post
    Hi all.

I've run into a problem where I can't seem to activate an RRD-6D dimmer into my system. This dimmer was used previously at my house, but I replaced it a few months ago with a 6CL to dim some LEDs in my kitchen. Now I want to re-use the RRD-6D in the dining room, and when I go to activate, it says "this device is already activated" but continues to ask me to press the dimmer pad to activate this dimmer. It never works. This is the only device that won't activate or transfer, the rest of the system works fine.

It is possible that because this dimmer was used previously, it is still "activated" somehow, and I need to restore it to factory conditions before it will work in its new location? If so, how do I do that? Or if this is not the case, what could the issue be?

Thanks,
    Dino

Factory Reset Procedure

Quote Originally Posted by dinom View Post
    Hi all.

Thanks,
    Dino
    You need to factory-reset the dimmer before it can be activated. You can probably google the instructions pretty quickly to factory reset clear connect devices. There is a tempo to the triple tap that takes a little practice, but keep trying and you will get it right. You can also try calling Lutron Tech Support for the procedure.

Thanks guys, I found the triple tap procedure online, and I'll try that out. Sounds like this is the problem.

Regards,
    Dino

Thanks guys, resetting the dimmer to factory defaults fixed the problem! I'm all set now.

Thanks again.