Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: what is the difference between qs wireless and qs triathon

what is the difference between qs wireless and qs triathon

I'm currently in the training portion of level 1 shading.

They talk about 3 different kinds of shade systems

sivoia qs
    sivoia qs wireless
    sivoia qs triathon

Most homes I'm using control4 as the main automation system, and would like to seamless integrate lutron blinds into it.

Which option is most ideal?

2. Likes Dimerize liked this post
    The Sivoia QS is for wired communication. The other shade line are for wireless communication. The shades can be a part of a Lutron lighting system. For example Homeworks QS, RadioRa2, Caseta Wireless (using the smart bridge pro)
    Control4 has the ability to integrate to either one of these systems. Note that RadioRa2 and Caseta Wireless will not support wired shade comminication, only wireless.
    The options for integrating with a Sivoia QS wired shade system would be Homeworks QS or the stand alone interface the QSE-CI-NWK-E.
    You can find more information about these options by using the products and service & support in addition to the search bar on the website www.lutron.com

4. Likes Dimerize liked this post
    Please tell us,Sivoia Qs Lutron shades is compatible with Smart Bridge pro.actually, i am using Caseta wireless lighting system with smart bridge pro.now i want to use Sivoia QS wired shades.please helpe.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The Smart Bridge Pro is designed to communicate with the Sivoia QS Wireless and Sivoia QS Triathlon lines of shades. It is not compatible with our Sivoia QS wired shades.

is it possible,if Sivoia QS wireless shades 24 V DC battery operated.i connect direct supply 24 V DC instead of battery.like use( Sivoia QS Wireless 10 Output Power Supply 120V).and then add Lutron SBP App.for smart use.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Our standard Sivoia QS Wireless shades (the ones with the external antenna) are powered by 24VDC.

Our Serena and Sivoia QS Triathlon Honeycomb and Roller shades can be configured for either battery or 12VDC control. This is done when they are constructed at our factory, and can not be changed in the field. If a 24VDC power supply is connected to one of these 12VDC shades, it can damage the drive.

Extra care should be taken on jobs with a mix of QS Wireless 24V and Triathlon 12V shades.