Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: LED - Wac Lighting Compatibility

LED - Wac Lighting Compatibility

Hi,

We are designing a Homeworks QS system and the client is using a Wac LED Lighting. Wanted to know if there are any one that has used this or something similar and had any issues with dimming/ Switching these fixtures. Any design consideration or any info would be helpful.

Non of wac lighting is currently approved by lutron.

Fixture Model - http://www.waclighting.com/product/2094

Quote Originally Posted by Jerani View Post
    Hi,

We are designing a Homeworks QS system and the client is using a Wac LED Lighting. Wanted to know if there are any one that has used this or something similar and had any issues with dimming/ Switching these fixtures. Any design consideration or any info would be helpful.

Non of wac lighting is currently approved by lutron.

Fixture Model - http://www.waclighting.com/product/2094
    I didn't spend a lot of time evaluating performance, but the jobs I've worked on with WAC led downlights did dim. I can't give much detail other than I treated them as ELV loads. Like pretty much every LED out there the dimming travel was all in the range of 20-50%. When we are in the design phase I've been politely suggesting to architects & specifiers that they see a working sample that is dimmable to get an accurate representation of dimming performance. The WAC stuff didn't have a larger delay or pop-on compared to any other LED I've worked with, but you might make the same suggestion to your specifier/client.

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    I didn't spend a lot of time evaluating performance, but the jobs I've worked on with WAC led downlights did dim. I can't give much detail other than I treated them as ELV loads. Like pretty much every LED out there the dimming travel was all in the range of 20-50%. When we are in the design phase I've been politely suggesting to architects & specifiers that they see a working sample that is dimmable to get an accurate representation of dimming performance. The WAC stuff didn't have a larger delay or pop-on compared to any other LED I've worked with, but you might make the same suggestion to your specifier/client.
    Thanks for your reply. Do you know if there is a min of fixtures per load?

I have had similar experiences to digit1 when controlling various WAC fixtures. I would say they have a generally good price to performance ratio however they would not be my first choice when specifying.

They are available in 0-10v where you may see an increase in performance, but I'm sure that price point opens the door to better fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerani View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Do you know if there is a min of fixtures per load?
    I don't know. But I can assume that if you use a neutral dimmer, you shouldn't have a problem controlling just one fixture. If you aren't sure, ask for a sample so you can test it.

I've had good luck with their ELV LED fixtures via Ra2/QS 6NA dimmers and RPMA modules. While I don't have any first hand experience, a friend of mine who also works in the industry told me that their 0-10v fixtures were a nightmare.
    Audio, Video, Networking, & Automation Designed Around You