Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for casetawireless

Quote Originally Posted by TheVince View Post
    Make a dimmer with the favorite button. In other words, make the dimmer a "3-Button with Raise/Lower" instead of a "2-Button with Raise/Lower". Whenever I enter a room, if I want my favorite setting, I have to either turn the lights on to 100% then dim them, or look for my Pico. There is no reason why the favorite button wouldn't be on the dimmer itself. If you made those, I'd probably change most of my in-wall dimmers and I'd end up forking another couple hundreds you way;
    +1

This is hugely annoying. If you didn't want to add a favorite button perhaps the dimmer would still remember a favorite and default to that when you press the on button and then a double-click of the on button would turn it to full on (isn't this how Maestro and RadioRA works?). Alternately, and I'm not sure that this makes as much sense, pushing the 'dim up' button when the light is off could turn the light on to a favorite level or the last level used.

The app would really benefit from being able to group devices by room.

3. Likes therockhr, vqvqv liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilans1 View Post
    I've been asking for landscape mode ever since caseta was introduced. Crickets. I visited with some Lutron reps at a trade show recently and even they were amazed there was no landscape mode available. Billion dollar companies have been built since Caseta was introduced, yet Lutron can't fix their app! I have customers with wall mounted ipads asking for this fix so they dont have to twist their necks trying to turn on their lights. Lutron, anybody home?
    Bump!

It's exactly what I wanna do, except with an android 5'' tablet. Since it's smaller than a normal (7'' or 10'') tablet, the waste of space atthe bottom completely kills the whole thing.

A friend of mine wanted ton install caseta in his whole house after he saw my setup, but decided against it solely on the fact that "the app looks ugly in portrait mode". About a grand in sales

It seems like Lutro is full of single techie guys, cause anyone in a relationship knows that a gf/wife saying "it looks cute" or "it's ugly" will make or break a home project. So no wall-mounted phone/tablet for me unless lutron introduces a lanscape mode. In my friend's case, no wall-mounted means no automation at all, which translate to a grand or so in lost sales.

My wish list/suggestions:

- iPad App
    - Group devices by room
    - adjustable fade rates
    - hybrid dimmer keypads
    - fan control

my pipe dream wish: allow any clear connect device to be added to the smart bridge pro.

6. Likes vqvqv liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by therockhr View Post
    - adjustable fade rates
    This seems like a hardware change so it would probably require new dimmers. I agree, though, it would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by therockhr View Post
    - hybrid dimmer keypads
    my pipe dream wish: allow any clear connect device to be added to the smart bridge pro.
    That would be fantastic! I really want keypads and motion sensors. It seems like it should be possible for the RadioRA 2 repeater to support Caseta devices. This would probably either happen in the form of a new RR2 repeater/bridge or a higher-end Caseta SBP. Honestly I like the idea of a new RR2 repeater/bridge as this would help maintain that apparently precious division between the Caseta and RR2 lines. Honestly the only reason that I went with Caseta over RR2 was the cost of the dimmers. I didn't mind spending more for the repeater and associated hardware, but I couldn't stomach triple the cost for every switch/dimmer in the house.

8. Likes therockhr liked this post
    1. A Caseta Wireless Dimmer for Electronic Low Voltage Loads
    2. App suggestions
    A. Personalizable background images
    B. Changeable order for icons for the current app
    C. Or better yet.....Home layout map with selectable floors and drag and drop positionable icons. Floors need only be simple rectangles. Would seem more intuitive than current simple list format.

3. For Siri Integration, for customers with wi-fi extenders or WAPs who are having problems connecting, suggest disabling the extender, reboot the smart bridge which hopefully can see the wi-fi, integrate with Siri, then re-enable the extender/WAP. Siri works like a charm.

first Post
    kevin

10. Thanks msterling thanked for this post
    Likes msterling liked this post
    K2point0, regarding #3. i have an extender, but it's extended via a Ethernet line. you mentioned reboot smart bridge. Is that done by holding button until the wrapping LED lights start flashing? since Smart Bridge is connected via Ethernet to my primary router I'm not sure i understand your suggestion since I thought the smart bridge does not have wi-fi. I assumed it has the RF Clear Connect to talk to the switches. and interpret and pass-along the signal from the paired Pico's. I'll give your idea a shot and see if that works. Or another idea, might be to attach it to the extended router. Both routers are Apple Airport Extremes 5th Gen.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by k2pointO View Post
    1. A Caseta Wireless Dimmer for Electronic Low Voltage Loads
    2. App suggestions
    A. Personalizable background images
    B. Changeable order for icons for the current app
    C. Or better yet.....Home layout map with selectable floors and drag and drop positionable icons. Floors need only be simple rectangles. Would seem more intuitive than current simple list format.

3. For Siri Integration, for customers with wi-fi extenders or WAPs who are having problems connecting, suggest disabling the extender, reboot the smart bridge which hopefully can see the wi-fi, integrate with Siri, then re-enable the extender/WAP. Siri works like a charm.

first Post
    kevin
    Thank you for the suggestions, I will pass them on to our engineering department, in case they don't see this.

As for #2B, you can rearrange the order of the loads and scenes if you go into Settings --> My Home.
    In here, after you pick Light/Shades or Scenes, you can drag and drop the loads/scenes into whatever order you want by touching the lines icon on the right of each load/scene and then drag it up or down to the appropriate order.

I do like your #2C suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions, I will pass them on to our engineering department, in case they don't see this.

As for #2B, you can rearrange the order of the loads and scenes if you go into Settings --> My Home.
    In here, after you pick Light/Shades or Scenes, you can drag and drop the loads/scenes into whatever order you want by touching the lines icon on the right of each load/scene and then drag it up or down to the appropriate order.

I do like your #2C suggestion.
    I was a bit imprecise. AFAIK, Siri needs to connect to the same device the hub is connected to. In my case that is a wireless/wired modem. If you have an extender or WAP, siri connects to it via wi-fi and I do not think that it can integrate with the hub. By disabling the the extender, siri connects wirelessly to the wireless/wired modem. Rebooting the hub seems to allow siri to "see" the hub and hence permit integration. Once integration was completed, I re-enabled the extender so the rest of the devices in my home could work wirelessly and the Siri integration remained intact.

Thanks for the info re repositioning. Missed that in the Settings. I was looking in the More -> Edit location.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast