Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Lutron Home Control+ app has stopped working AGAIN.

iPhone Lutron Home Control+ app has stopped working AGAIN.

Once again our Lutron iPhone / iPad apps (Lutron Home Control+) has stopped working.

This system has about 8 iOS devices. All are using the latest iOS as of 1-1-15. Strangely, one the 8 devices (iPhone 6) being used, and only one continues to work perfectly. All of the other iPhones and iPads fail when trying to “Download System Configuration”.

The one working iPhone 6 is running Lutron Home Control+ 8.0.1, other nonworking devices have 8.0.1 or 8.1.

Steps taken so far to fix:

1) Update iOS and all applications to latest version.

2) Turn devices on and off.

3) Uninstall Lutron program and reinstall. Program does find the Lutron system but cannot “Download System Configuration” and then it fails.

4) Power cycle router.

This project also has a Control4 system. The Control4 iPhone App successfully controls all the Lutron devices using ALL iPhones and iPads, but the Lutron app WILL NOT control Lutron.

Just thinking out loud:

Run a network check for duplicate IP address
    I use "Fing"

more thinking out loud-

Does each iphone app user have their own username and password to login? I usually make a habit of giving each user their own username and password, and then set up unique usernames and passwords for me and for any 3rd-party devices like control 4.
    While the auto-discovery feature in the app may not REQUIRE you to have a separate username and password for each app user, it may help head off problems like this. I would also suggest setting up a static IP for the Lutron processor(s) involved BEFORE creating new usernames and passwords for each LHC app user. Each user should then delete the system and manually add the system. The lutron system can't handle that many simultaneous requests, so I'd advise you update each device one-at-a-time and probably close the app after a successful install on one device so that the next device isn't competing for a connection.

Quote Quote
    Does each iphone app user have their own username and password to login?
    No. System has been working properly for several months with all iPhones / iPads having same username and password.

Quote Quote
    I usually make a habit of giving each user their own username and password
    That's a pretty serious “hassle factor” that I'm not going to deal with. I would remove Lutron entirely before going to that extreme method.

Quote Quote
    set up unique usernames and passwords for me and for any 3rd-party devices like control 4
    All of the Control4 devices share the same username and password, (a different username and password than for Lutron of course). ZERO problems with Control4.

Quote Quote
    I would also suggest setting up a static IP for the Lutron processor
    This was done from the beginning.

Quote Quote
    The lutron system can't handle that many simultaneous requests,
    Simultaneous requests have never been made. Only one user is using the system at any time.

Quote Quote
    so I'd advise you update each device one-at-a-time and probably close the app after a successful install on one device so that the next device isn't competing for a connection.
    Reasonably sure we have been operating like this. One of the major negatives of iOS is the inability to revert to previous WORKING versions. Some manufacturers try to work around this limitation by having earlier versions of their apps on the Apple App Store.

Thank you for your assistance. Clearly, Lutron Home Control+ is a highly delicate and fragile interface. This project has other home automation aspects. The Lutron system has been the most difficult to make function consistently.

We were able to make the system work by power cycling the Cisco ethernet switch. Power cycling the router and the Lutron processor did not help.

This sounds like no fun indeed.

Reasonably sure we have been operating like this. One of the major negatives of iOS is the inability to revert to previous WORKING versions. Some manufacturers try to work around this limitation by having earlier versions of their apps on the Apple App Store.

Yes I like that idea too.

Thank you for your assistance. Clearly, Lutron Home Control+ is a highly delicate and fragile interface. This project has other home automation aspects. The Lutron system has been the most difficult to make function consistently.

We were able to make the system work by power cycling the Cisco ethernet switch. Power cycling the router and the Lutron processor did not help.[/QUOTE]

I'd be concerned that you have a networking issue. I have experienced trouble with iOS apps not doing what I expected but they have never been rectified by rebooting hardware. I hope you have good luck with iOS from here forward.

Quote Quote
    I hope you have good luck with iOS from here forward.
    Thanks. Should I learn something about our system in the future that might prove helpful to others, I will report back.

I DO appreciate your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by KNRWSX View Post
    Clearly, Lutron Home Control+ is a highly delicate and fragile interface.

We were able to make the system work by power cycling the Cisco ethernet switch. Power cycling the router and the Lutron processor did not help.
    If you suspect the LHC+ app, you could always try a third party app. But from you description it looks like you have a network issue, not an app issue.

Quote Quote
    If you suspect the LHC+ app, you could always try a third party app.
    What app would that be ?

I use HomeSense app, works well for me, I especially like the widget for iOS8. I don't think it has iPad interface (yet?), so select 'iPhone Only' if you are using iPad.

same problem

I have exactly the same problem. Home + app on either Iphone or Android that was once working will no longer connect to, or even find, the RA2 system. I have tried all your solutions without success. No idea what to do next

Quote Originally Posted by KNRWSX View Post
    Once again our Lutron iPhone / iPad apps (Lutron Home Control+) has stopped working.

This system has about 8 iOS devices. All are using the latest iOS as of 1-1-15. Strangely, one the 8 devices (iPhone 6) being used, and only one continues to work perfectly. All of the other iPhones and iPads fail when trying to “Download System Configuration”.

The one working iPhone 6 is running Lutron Home Control+ 8.0.1, other nonworking devices have 8.0.1 or 8.1.

Steps taken so far to fix:

1) Update iOS and all applications to latest version.

2) Turn devices on and off.

3) Uninstall Lutron program and reinstall. Program does find the Lutron system but cannot “Download System Configuration” and then it fails.

4) Power cycle router.

This project also has a Control4 system. The Control4 iPhone App successfully controls all the Lutron devices using ALL iPhones and iPads, but the Lutron app WILL NOT control Lutron.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast