Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: in-wall dimmer ratings for halogen bulbs

Question in-wall dimmer ratings for halogen bulbs

Hi,

I'm a little confused about the in-wall dimmer ratings for halogen bulbs. I see that it is 600W for a standalone dimmer, correct? I'd like to use the in-wall dimmer to control a set of (6) 75W phillips halogen flood lights. These lights are controlled by two separate maestro dimmer switches currently. One dimmer is part of a 2-gang located next to a simple paddle-type switch. The other dimmer is located at the end of a 4-gang (maestro dimmer, maestro dimmer, paddle-switch, paddle-switch). Can I use the in-wall dimmer and pico remote for this purpose?

Thanks!!

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    Hi,

I'm a little confused about the in-wall dimmer ratings for halogen bulbs. I see that it is 600W for a standalone dimmer, correct? I'd like to use the in-wall dimmer to control a set of (6) 75W phillips halogen flood lights. These lights are controlled by two separate maestro dimmer switches currently. One dimmer is part of a 2-gang located next to a simple paddle-type switch. The other dimmer is located at the end of a 4-gang (maestro dimmer, maestro dimmer, paddle-switch, paddle-switch). Can I use the in-wall dimmer and pico remote for this purpose?

Thanks!!
    tbone,

Yes, you can use the Caseta In-Wall dimmers and Pico Remote for this purpose. You will also need the Pico Wallbox Adapter (PICO-WBX-ADAPT) to mount the Pico in a wallbox. The Pico will then program to the In-Wall dimmer (PD-6WCL) to control it in a 3-way application.

For more information on wiring the PD-6WCL in a 3-way please see the advanced installation guide located here: http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...ced%20Inst.pdf.