Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: iOS remote access with 8.0

iOS remote access with 8.0

Hi- I don't think there is a problem with the lutron system, I believe the problem is either the client or their iphone.
    The QS system was recently updated to 8.0 beta, all wallbox, no panels.
    The client reports that they cannot connect remotely with the LHC+ app. This is a weekend house so right now all troubleshooting is for remote access.
    I am able to use my iOS device to connect to their system when my iphone is on the VPN I set up for remote access - my phone is running the newest LHC+ app but NOT the newest iOS (I'm still on 7.1.2)

Best practises would be to have the client update their phone and app to newest, but they are resistant.

Does anyone have advice for troubleshooting iOS remote access in this situation?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    We would recommend power cycling the processors as well as ensuring the gateway and DNS IP Addresses are the same address as the router or gateway to the network.

They can get an iOS support file form the app and send it in to us to help determine the cause of the issue. In order to provide us a support file from the app, please go to the system page and click on the 'i' and choose the option to "send feedback". On the email created to our apps team, please add a description of the issues seen when trying to connect to the phone.

"We would recommend power cycling the processors as well as ensuring the gateway and DNS IP Addresses are the same address as the router or gateway to the network."

No one is on site at this vacation home to power cycle the Lutron processor. How about if I send a reboot command via terminal? Will that accomplish the same goal?

"They can get an iOS support file form the app and send it in to us to help determine the cause of the issue. In order to provide us a support file from the app, please go to the system page and click on the 'i' and choose the option to "send feedback". On the email created to our apps team, please add a description of the issues seen when trying to connect to the phone."

I can try asking the client to do this but they are not great at navigating their iOS device or the LHC+ app.

In this case it sounds like the client who cannot connect remotely should navigate to "Systems" page, select the 'i" at the bottom right of the page, then select Email Feedback- and then in the body of that email they should explain that they cannot connect via Lutron Paid Remote Access service, but their installer can connect to the app and processor via VPN. Then the iOS support team will email the client suggestions to correct the problem? I would prefer that iOS support emails me and keeps the client out of the loop.

If I want to get remote access via paid subscription through Lutron app to sanity check my clients, do I have to pay $60 per client per year? Or just $60 per year?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    A transfer could accomplish the goal, but power-cycling would be a good step to take to give the processor a blank slate and re-start to the connection.

They can email you the logs then instead of the default address that comes up in the email created. Once they email you the logs, you can send them to hwsupport@lutron.com for us to revise them.

The Lutron paid Remote Access service should be paid by the owner of the email that will be used to log in the system. For each account, there will be a $60 payment. Please see our attached FAQ for more information.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you-
    It seems this issue has been resolved. The client called me, I walked them through setup on the phone, and I believe that after the client logged in to remote access the system was 'fixed'. The one oddity- In systems view, their system was listed 'vacation home'. when selected, it would not connect. I walked the client through logging in to remote access. Now when they went back to systems view, they had their system 'vacation home' as well as 'vacation home 1'. I told him to connect with the new 'vacation home 1' and delete 'vacation home' and all is well.

6. Likes Armando B. liked this post