Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Satco LED compatibility

Satco LED compatibility

I am replacing a bank of six 45W incandescent bulbs with six Satco S9002 8W (50W equivalent) LED bulbs.

Currently, there is no dimmer for these bulbs but I'll add a dimmer once I have changed the bulbs. To match the style of other switches in the same wall plate I have chosen the Lutron Diva DVWCL-153PH-LA dimmer.

When I checked the Lutron compatibility list for the Diva, the S9002 is not listed, although it is for the Maestro MACL-153Mdimmer.

Could you tell me if the S9002 is compatible with the Diva and just hasn't been tested?

If not, what is the difference between the Diva and Maestro dimmers (apart from the style of switch) which would affect the compatibility?

Thanks for your help.

Pete F.
    Thank you for your post. When we do compatibility testing, we test LEDs with all of our C•L dimmers. If you do not see the DVCL-153 on the list, that means we were not able to find a dimming solution using that dimmer/LED combination. The Diva and Maestro dimmers create an entirely different dimming signal from each other. LEDs can, and often do, react differently to these dimming signals and have different performance. We can only stand behind the dimmer/LED combination that appears on our Compatible Bulb List.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I'll go with the Maestro.