Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issues with latest firmware/8.0 and app version

Issues with latest firmware/8.0 and app version

As a result of a client problem I spent most of my day trying to replicate some of the functionality I installed at my client's home on my own RTI Control processor / Radio Ra2 system to see how things looked. I am using 8.0 (Lutron) with the (6.1) Lutron Home+ app. All RTI equipment is using latest firmware.

First weird issue:
    It looks like the Lutron app is not reporting feedback properly on keypads. All the Hybrid keypads in my home are reacting to button presses, but NOT showing they are pressed in the app.

Second weird issue:
    I create a driver event to turn on my dining room sconces when I hit the first button on the basement hybrid keypad. The button press on the APP does NOT trigger the event; only the actual button press on the app.

Third weird issue:
    I created a false keypad on my Lutron system. I then base an event on my RTI processor which senses a button press of the first button of that fake tabletop keypad. Does not work. In viewing the status on the Processor diagnostics, the system variable remains at NULL despite presses. This feature was working a few weeks ago.

Last weird issue:
    I press "FOYER" on my Lutron app (which is a button on my foyer keypad) that controls the CHANDELIER. The button does not feedback even though the chandelier comes on. The only way I get feedback correct is by either closing the app and opening it again, or by changing the page and going back.

If anyone is in a position to verify at least some of these results would greatly appreciate it. Everything must be current - Lutron firmware, app version, processor, etc. I think there has been a major compromise to the app functionality in the latest firmware or app release. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. NOTE: I am using RTI for control, but the majority of the issues I am having are a result of the feedback I am getting between the app and the Lutron system.

I haven't played much with the new software, but I have the same issue as your last one. I press a button in the app, no apparent feedback. I switch screens, then come back to the keypad in question and the feedback is correct.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    I haven't played much with the new software, but I have the same issue as your last one. I press a button in the app, no apparent feedback. I switch screens, then come back to the keypad in question and the feedback is correct.

I spent all day testing it with the proprietary Lutron app AND third party control system. The problems run much deeper.... There is a ton of disconnect as it relates to triggering events with a third party control processor based on keypad presses. The physical keypads work fine; its using the app that they don't work (meaning the third party systems do not detect the button press). Last, I used to be able to create "fake" keypads on the Lutron system and base third party control events when the user pressed them on the Lutron app. That is not working at all.

My phones have been ringing all day from customers wanting to know what is going on. I hope Lutron can figure this out quick - the remote access apps are not exactly free.

same here. installed the recent app update, and now no feedback on keypad buttons

rolled back to 7.8
    works fine.

Echo the others on no feedback on button press from ios app. Button toggle does work, but you would have to be in front of the light to verify. Would assume an update comming.

Quote Originally Posted by CableDude View Post
    Echo the others on no feedback on button press from ios app. Button toggle does work, but you would have to be in front of the light to verify. Would assume an update comming.
    It's fixed in 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by ADAM437 View Post
    It's fixed in 8.1
    do you mean 8.0.1? i just got that update and the problem is NOT fixed. i still dont have feedback from keypad buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Trax95008 View Post
    do you mean 8.0.1? i just got that update and the problem is NOT fixed. i still dont have feedback from keypad buttons
    no 8.1 which is available on mylutron now.

Ah. i thought you meant the mobile app which was just updated to 8.0.1 im going to download the 8.1 firmware now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast