Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Connect to the System

Cannot Connect to the System

Hello,

"Cannot Connect to the System", is what I get when I launch the Home Control+ App from iPhone or iPad.

The Home Control+ program has been working well for the last couple of months. Absolutely no changes were made to the router configuration or settings in my home. Some of my iOS devices are running the Lutron version 6.0.8, others have 6.1. They ALL give me "Cannot Connect to the System". I am using iOS 7.1.2.

Any ideas on what has gone wrong?

Thanks

Hii,
    It may happen due to sudden power failure.
    You just restart the processor,open the app,go manually by entering user id,password.
    OR
    It may happen if the user changes his apple id.

For all these plz uninstall & reinstall the app with latest version.

Thanks for helping.

Quote Quote
    It may happen due to sudden power failure.
    There was no power failure. Circuit is on a standby generator which was not activated. The generator system records power failures, there were none.

Quote Quote
    You just restart the processor
    I tried power cycling the processor. This did not help.

Quote Quote
    open the app,go manually by entering user id,password.
    I deleted the app from iPhone, and reinstalled fresh. The app DID discover the system. However, upon entering name and password, we get "Cannot Connect to the System".

Quote Quote
    It may happen if the user changes his apple id.
    The user ID has not been changed, in fact, NO changes were made in anything when the app failed to function. Moreover, all manual keypads continue to work perfectly.

Quote Quote
    For all these plz uninstall & reinstall the app with latest version.
    What is "plz"? As mentioned above, the app was deleted and reinstalled. Still fails to function.

Other suggestions welcome.

4. Likes swingajay liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    KNRWSX,

What Lutron system are you working on?
    Are you trying to connect the app to the local wifi, or use remote access?
    Does the system connect to the Local Wifi?
    Have you ensured all devices are in the same network as the Lutron processor/repeater?
    Please provide us a support file from the app to further investigate. In order to provide us a support file from the app, please go to the system page and click on the 'i' and choose the option to "email feedback". On the email created, please ensure you reference this forum post.

>> What Lutron system are you working on? <<

Updated about 2 weeks ago.

>> Are you trying to connect the app to the local wifi, or use remote access? <<

As mentioned in my original post, I'm using both local Wi-Fi and remote access. It failed under both conditions.

>> Have you ensured all devices are in the same network as the Lutron processor/repeater? <<

Yes.

>> please go to the system page and click on the 'i' and choose the option to "email feedback". <<

I cannot do this. I do not do e-mail on my iPhone. I searched high and low, but could not find an e-mail address that I could use from my Macintosh.

I did find a solution. All of our devices were using iOS 7.1.2. The latest version of the Lutron app requires iOS 8.0 or later. SHOCKINGLY, the app does not check for this when launched! It simply spits out, "Cannot Connect to the System". If the software was properly written, it would report this issue to the user.

Thank you for helping.

Thank you for this feedback. If you create an email account, you can email us at iosapps@lutron.com to provide feedback and information about the Lutron Home Control+ application. You can also list issues you find on the forum or by calling our technical support team at 1-800-523-9466. In order to provide the iOS app logs without an email on your phone, please follow the steps below to gather them manually:

•Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes.
    •Click on your device under Devices on the left side of the screen in iTunes.
    •Click on Apps at the top center of the screen in iTunes.
    •In the File Sharing section of the screen at the bottom, click on Lutron Home+.
    •Save any files that are in the format such as 03-22-2011_09_24_20.txt.

These are the LHC logs that can be used to help troubleshoot the bugs you find.

I've just caught up with this post after reading the other one i replied to. Sorry you had to figure this out the hard way.

Hello Armando,

I tried to extract the file as you described above. However, when I click on the Lutron app using iTunes, I can find no way to save any files associated with it. I am using iTunes 12.3.0.44 on a Mac Pro.

I think when you originally provided your instructions you were referencing an earlier version of iTunes.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Armando,

I tried to edit my post about 6 minutes after originally making it, apparently there is a 5 minute time limit.

I WAS able to extract the files that you asked for. Should I mail them to you at iosapps@lutron.com ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KNRWSX View Post
    Hello Armando,

I tried to edit my post about 6 minutes after originally making it, apparently there is a 5 minute time limit.

I WAS able to extract the files that you asked for. Should I mail them to you at iosapps@lutron.com ?

Thanks
    KNRWSX,

Thank you for the information. Please send the support logs to hwsupport@lutron.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast